LVP @ SMN @ SMN - SMN leads the series 19-10
* In a series that has taken place since 1981, the Indians have dominated the gridiron since the Pioneers left the Centennial League in 1980. Now that this is a non-conference game, the Indians will be up for this match in which they commanded from the start in a big win in 2018. We will see what happens and if the Indians can climb out of the cellar against the Pioneers who are 2-5 under first year Head Coach Sean Sachen.
GET @ SMW @ SMS - GET leads the series 1-0
* In another series with very little history, the Trailblazers will look to continue their recent success against the Vikings. For the Vikings on the other hand, coming out strong and getting a big home win would be a huge accomplishment against the very talented Trailblazers. Time will tell, with the experience on the field, and if the Vikings can pull of a huge upset.
OEH @ OSF - OEH leads the series 16-15
* Outside of the Olathe North vs. Olathe South rivalry, the Hawks and Falcons are part of an intense setting of their own. From 2000 to 2009 and 2010 to 2018 they have managed to swap a couple wins, and losses here and there throughout the years. There has not been a true winning streak lasting more than three to four wins for either, and then the losing school winning two in a row. Since 2010, the Falcons are 7-4 in 11 games played. The Hawks won four straight from 2014 to 2016, and the Falcons got two back in 2017 and 2018.
OWO @ SME @ SMS - SME leads the series 1-0
* For many of the Owls first few years, building a history with their opponents will be able to tell and learn more about them. With the game on the road at SM South, it will be tough outside of the CBAC/ODAC home fields of play. The Owls having played very well these last few weeks will look to make a big impression on the Lancers as they continue to form their program's identity.
LFS @ LAW @ LAW - LFS leads the series 14-8
* For the first time ever in this series, the Chesty Lions and Firebirds will be led out on to the field by different names not named: Bob Lisher, and Dirk Wedd. These two counterparts/colleagues have since retired leaving the series in the good hands now of Steve Rampy and Kevin Stewart. The Firebirds have dominated the "City Rivalry" for a long time and the Chesty Lions will look to change that in due time. While it will not happen over night, this will continue to be great well in to the next decade and beyond for future generations of Lawrence, KS student-athletes to have the honor to play on Friday nights.
ONE @ ONW - ONE leads the series 13-2
* In a series of series, which at one time was thought to be a rivalry. Is not. Simply put, once Olathe Northwest became Varsity full-time in 2004, the Olathe North Eagles had a job to do. With both programs having multiple changes since that time, the Eagles have stayed true to form in this series from the start. Only two times in the series 15 games has Olathe North lost. Those seasons being 2006 and 2011. With the Ravens coming off a big OT-win, defeating the Eagles will not be an easy task ahead. Olathe North will look to solidify a spot in the top-8 seeds, while the Ravens will look to improve out of the bottom four seeds.
SMS @ SMW @ SMN - SMW leads the series 36-22-1
* A tight, very close historical series, the Raiders, and Vikings will match up to close out the regular season. DYK, both of these schools do the same for many spring sports in the #512 sports rivalry? It is done quite often! Since 2010, the Raiders are 2-7 vs. the Vikings, and have since won back-to-back games in 2017 and 18. Can the Raiders win a third? Time will tell once kickoff begins.
BVT @ BVW - BVT leads the series 14-5
* Rivalry? Absolutely. On the gridiron? Not so much. Do not let those numbers deter you, as many of those 14 wins are split between Steve Rampy (Lawrence Chesty Lions) and Eric Driskell (deceased) taking on the Jaguars. The West Jaguars have struggled most of this series from the out-set of kickoff, and it has not been easy. Driskell-Terrill series has won 8 of the last 10 games since 2010, and the only wins for West came in 2012 and 2013. This could be a great game to watch, and see if the Jaguars can end their six game losing streak dating back to the 2013 season.
BVN @ SJA - BVN leads the series 1-0
* In only their second game it will be a tough call to what will happen. Can the Thunder get the win? With BV North's Graham Mertz having graduated, this will be an opportune night to make the series even and come out with a win for a better seed in the 5A-East bracket. BV North will be looking to do the same at 2-4 in the 6A-East.
BMS @ BNW - BNW leads the series 15-9
* DYK? This is a rare series that the Bishop Miege Stags do not lead in on a local level. Having won four straight in 13-14-15-18, this has been made a series for sure but the Stags experience will be tough to contain a young Huskies Football team. Coming off a big win over the Mustangs, the Huskies will give the Stags offense its best from the start, and will have to stop one of the best offenses in the county. As for the Stags, their last loss to the Huskies was in Jon Holmes' first season 2012.
MVJ @ BSW - MVJ leads the series 4-0
* Since this series began, the Jaguars have had no problem with the T-Wolves on the gridiron. That being said, the T-Wolves will be looking to end a losing streak and improve on their 5A-East seed as well. It will not be an easy task, as the Jaguars are a strong Football program, and have given the #229 a lot of hard work and planning during their brief time in the EKL.
LAN @ SHT - Series tied 2-2
* The Lions and Thunderbirds will be squaring off for the fifth time. The Lions, having a great season so far, and mirroring the 2018 season are meeting all expectations. As for the 5A-East bracket, at 4-3, they are playing their best football to land a top-8 seed and a possible home-game for week-9.
STA - Bye