OEH vs. SMW @ CBAC (OEH leads the series 13-9)
* The Hawks and Vikings will meet again in a tightly contested match up. This will continue to be a great game as the teams are 5-5 against each other in their last 10 meetings. Maintaining the clock and turnovers will be key for both young squads of athletes. While the Vikings were winless in their 2017 campaign, this will be a much different outlook.
OWO vs. Turner @ CBAC (Series tied 0-0)
* Entering week-6, the Owls will meet Julian Parks and his Turner Golden Bears in a non-conference game. This will be a first for both as well, as the Golden Bears have never played at CBAC stadium before. These two could meet again in the 5A East playoffs down the road depending on where in the bracket they end up after week-8.
GET vs. SMN @ GET (GET leads 1-0)
* DYK that the Shawnee-Mission Indians faced the Gardner Football team in 1922? Gardner came away with the 8-0 win and the Indians led by A.L. Berry in their first season. It was again a known series a few years later in the mid-1920's but due to poor reporting of scores at the time, many games go unaccounted for throughout the earliest of times in the Kansas City metro-area.
Today, the modern day Trailblazers, and Indians, are no longer, "miles, and miles away" due to local driveway's and byways. Should these two continue to meet down the road, this could build a great series of High School Football from one of the northernmost High Schools to southern most in Johnson County.
LFS vs. OSF @ LSF (OSF leads the series 10-8)
* The Falcons lead the series all-time but only by a handful of games as the Firebirds have 7been playing catch up winning in 2016 and 2017. This game will also be their third meeting in a row, as they did not play from 2013 to 2015.
ONE vs. SME @ ODAC (ONE leads the series 0-0)
* Since 2013, the Lancers are 6-1 against the Olathe North Eagles. With Chris McCartney now in his fourth year at the helm, taking on Justin Hoover, and a new-look Lancers will hope to return to ODAC and come away with a win, any school in the Sunflower League to get a win on the road at ODAC is a tough accomplishment. This could be a great game, and possibly very high scoring depending on who shows up to come out on top of a great league game.
SMS vs. LAW @ SMS (LAW leads the series 30-10)
* In a great match up of the Raiders, and Chesty Lions, the two look to meet again after not playing in 2016 and 2017. From 2010 to 2015 the Raiders have lost five straight and struggling against most every Sunflower program. Should the Raiders come out ready to play, the Chesty Lions could have a game on their hands with the Raiders
SNW vs. ONW @ SMN (ONW leads the series 6-4)
* In which will be their 11th game all-time, the Cougars, and Ravens will meet at SM North District stadium. the Raven's when on the road at SM North have always played very well. In fact, it is one of the better places they play outside of CBAC and are consistently successful year in and year out. From 2013 to 2015 the Ravens won three straight against the NW Cougars, yet did not see each other in 2016 and 2017.
The Cougars are looking to fire on all cylinders as they bid for a top eight seed in the 6A East bracket.