1) SME vs. 4) BVN (BVN leads the series 8-4) @ SM North
* These two great Johnson County schools are mostly known for facing off with each other in the 6A State Tennis, Golf, and Swim & Dive Finals in those Varsity sports and trading State Title runs for years at a time.
However, this is a different story, as the Mustangs and Lancers will meet on the gridiron for a rare meeting. The last time these two met was in 2011, under very different circumstances for both programs. An upstart Lancers beginning the start of an incredible eight year run, and a downtrodden Mustangs searching for a new Football identity. Coach Andy Sims is up for the challenge, as the pass happy Mustangs will the Lancers defensive secondary off course. This could be a very high scoring game depending on how both teams prepare and take care of the ball.
2) BVT vs. 3) ONE (ONE leads the series 4-3) @ Blue Valley
* In perhaps one of the biggest games, all four of these are, locally, the Football atmosphere at Blue Valley High School will be rocking!
For any one time that these two have met or played since the 2004 season, five of the seven games have been in the 6A playoffs this will be a tale of two Football powerhouses. Like ODAC, Blue Valley Football stadium too is an intense place to play, and even harder to win at on the road. Both the Tigers, and Eagles will take their playoff experiences to another level from the start.
6A - WEST
1) LFS vs. 5) DER (Derby leads the series 2-0) @ Free State
* In recent seasons (2015 and 2016) the Derby Panthers have appeared to be a thorn in the Firebirds side for a possible return to the 6A Final in the west. Of the four games to get to the State's Final Four, this will by far be the game of the week! The hype in addition to the great student-athletes that you will see on the field are going to be worth the wait as the anticipation towards game day arrives.
2) WNW vs. 6) GAR (leads the series since 2010) @ Wichita - Northwest
* Here on the eastern side of the state, exposure to the western 6A's are few and far between. Unfortunately without a major back round of the two schools, starting in 2010 is the best available information found.
Wichita-NW led by Steve Martin is 3-2 in the last five games against the Garden City Buffaloes and long time Coach Brian Hill. This will be a rematch from a week-6 game in which the Grizzlies came away the winner. The 8-2 Buffaloes will not be any pushover at the sixth seed.