Lawrence vs Olathe South (OSF leads the series 16-15) @ ODAC
* Since the 2010 season, the Falcons have dominated the series against the Chesty Lions. Olathe South is 4-2 in those six meetings, and have continued to be strong despite their last few seasons. Combined, former Falcons Head Coach Jeff Gourley, and current Head Coach Craig Lewis are 8-3 in their last 11 games overall.
Free State vs Olathe Northwest (LFS leads the series 8-1) @ CBAC
* In nine total meetings, the Firebirds have dominated the Ravens from the start. Look for Free State to continue this run, with the Ravens hoping to gain some momentum and possibly a middle of the pack-seeding for week-9 play. This will not be any easy game for the Ravens as the Firebirds continue to take advantage of their experienced play throughout the season.
Leavenworth vs SM North (SMN leads the series 17-10) @ LVP
* Ben Bartlett, and his Indians will only meet the Pioneers for the second time in his young four year tenure as Head Coach. 2016 they came away with a win at home, and will continue to prepare hard for a tough SM Northwest meeting the following week.
Olathe East vs SM East (OEH leads the series 13-5) @ CBAC
* Entering week-6, the Lancers and Hawks will meet for the 19th time in their series. Since the beginning of the decade, these two have met only three times, with the Lancers winning two of the last three. SM East is 69-20 in PF, and PA in their last two games with a 2013 meeting in the 6A playoffs, and a 49-7 drubbing in their 2016 week-6 meeting.
Olathe North vs SM West (ONE leads the series 15-5) @ ODAC
* The Eagles and Vikings will maintain GOTW features for this huge SFL matchup. As everyone is preparing for a better seeding, the Vikings remain the strong side having gone 4-2 in their last six meetings against the Eagles. That said, the Eagles have had three Coaching changes in this time which may, or may not even factor in to this weeks game.
SM Northwest vs SM South (SNW leads the series 25-22) @ SM South
* The Cougars will be on the road in week-6 to an improving Raiders team looking to find a higher seeding in the post-season. With a stronger group and prepared by the Raiders Coaching staff, the Raiders have a chance to make this a quality game providing a cut down in turnovers, and mistakes made in all facets of play. There is no doubt that the Cougars will come poised to play and catch a local road win at the renovated SM South Stadium.