OEH 21 vs HUT 22 - Final
OSF 6 vs SME 28 - Final
LAW 42 vs SMNW 21 - Final
LFS 56 vs SMW 9 - Final
LVP 13 vs LAN 6 - Final
ONE 39 vs WHF 25 - Final
ONW 20 vs GOD 49 - Final
SMN 19 vs SMS 22 - Final
Olathe East vs Hutchinson (HUT leads the series 2-0) @ CBAC
* The Hawks and SaltHawks will meet for a third time, and only second in the regular season. While these two have little in common historically, both met in the 2005 6A State Title game 11 seasons ago. Third year Coach Jesse Owen has a proud program, and is looking to return the Hawks to it's long standing winning tradition in their 26th season of play.
SM East vs Olathe South @ Olathe South (OSF leads the series 16-3) @ ODAC
* The Falcons and Lancers will kick off the 2017 at ODAC with both eager to start the season on a good note. While the Lancers find themselves with a host of losses to graduation all over the field. During the 2016 start, the Lancers took off against the Falcons early and never looked back making it nearly impossible for the Falcons to recover anything offensively to make a dent in the Lancer defense. Can the Falcons come away with an "upset" win in week-1? TBD as all four Olathe's will look to rebound from finishing 2016 a combined 13-24.
Lawrence vs SM Northwest (LAW leads the series 21-14) @ SM North
* Lawrence's own Chesty Lion, alumni-Head Coach Dirk Wedd is entering his 19th and final season leading this proud Sunflower program. Since 2012, the Chesty Lions have won five (5) straight against a struggling Cougars Football team. Third year Head Coach Bo Black, is looking to return the Cougars back to a strong, and quality program it was in the prior decade that was. With a young nucleus of starters hungry to win, the program can only go up after finishing 1-8 in back-to-back sea
Free State vs SM West (LFS leads the series 11-10) @ SM South
* In what ended in a huge SM West win in 2016, the Vikings won 41-40 over a very talented Firebirds Football team. SR Free State leader Jay Dineen (who is committed to play at Kansas) next Fall will hope to avenge last seasons disappointing week-1 loss. This will by far be one of the best games on the slate for week-1. This again could be a high-scoring game and plenty of thrilling play throughout.
Leavenworth vs Lansing (LAN leads the series 2-1) @ Lansing
* In a great local rivalry, it is great to see the Pioneers and Lions face off in only their fourth known meeting in their history. Both Mark Littrell, and John McCall are no strangers in facing each other while they are Coaching alumni of the Olathe #233. This will be a great early test for both programs.
Olathe North vs Wichita-Heights (WHE leads the series 2-1) @ ODAC
* The Eagles will meet the Eagles in their fourth meeting all-time. Coming off a bad loss by 20 in their first regular season meeting in 2016, Olathe North is wanting to start strong and to avenge their 3-6 season. To date, their seven game regression from 2015 (from 10-2) is the largest in modern Sunflower League history 1989 to present day. No Eastern representative in the 6A Semi-Final's has ever dropped that far in the overall Sunflower standings.
Olathe Northwest vs Goddard (GOD leads the series 1-0) @ CBAC
* In what could be a great test for the Ravens, trying to knock off the 5A Runner-up Lions led by Scott Vang will be a huge task to accomplish. Olathe Northwest lost by one to the Lions in double-OT in week-1 of 2016 at Goddard.
SM North vs SM South (Series tied 24-24-1) @ SM North
* In a great SMSD matchup, the Indians, and Raiders will meet for the 49th time in all meetings played. From 2012 to 2014 the Raiders won three (3) straight but have since dropped the last two games. The Indian's led by fourth year Head Coach Ben Bartlett hopes to have a QB that can replace Will Schneider and much of his offense that has all graduated. For the Raiders, the past few seasons, and 2016 have not been an easy task to overcome with a huge walk out of Senior student-athletes and a young core of untested Raider talent eager to achieve more for a brighter Football future.